1. Always round up. You surely can’t start working at 10:05am can you? Might as well start at 11:00am.
2. And if the next time you check the clock it says 11:01am, round it up again.
3. Prioritise the things you need to do. That online sale that expires in the next two hours is definitely more important than the 2,000 word essay due tomorrow.
4. Get into a good momentum. One after another, of Netflix that is.
5. Complain about the amount of work you have, and how little time you have to complete it. This is as you inch closer and closer to the deadline whilst ignoring said obligation at all costs.
6. At the same time, keep telling yourself you have left an appropriate amount of time to finish the work, delusion is key.
7. Suddenly realise all the menial tasks around the house are much more urgent than the exam tomorrow.
8. Write yourself a beautiful schedule, detailing all the tasks you have to complete today. Then abandon it the second you start and realise you expected too much of yourself.
9. Compare yourself with your friends. If there’s at least one person who has done as little as you, then you are validated. Hey, you could probably bond with them over that!
And most importantly…
10. Never give up! With dedication and perseverance you can become as proficient of a procastinator as me!
But seriously, anyone have tips for a chronic procrastinator like me? I will spend 8 hours in front of my laptop and at the end of it only have completed an hour’s worth of work. I am certain it’s going to come back and bite me in a** one day, but still haven’t managed to shake it this terrible habit.