Hi everyone, welcome back to another post and today I’m doing something a little different. My lovely friend A Spoonful of Dri (who is also a lovely medical student who’s written amazing poems and insightful pieces, so please check her out!) has nominated me for the Liebster award, and thus I am here to answer the all the questions honestly and to also pass on the torch. So without further ado, let’s get into it!
Rules to the Liebster Blogger awards:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to the blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Nominate between 5-11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you’ve uploaded your post
A Spoonful of Dri’s questions for me:
1. What decade do you feel you most belong in?
I have to say, I’ve never thought about living in another time other than right now. There’d be so many technological advancements, cultural nuances and things that I would bloody miss. I also believe humanity has only become more tolerant and accepting of differences with time, therefore I want to be at the forefront of history and watches such changes come to life. If I could know what the future will look like, perhaps I’d choose that!
2. If you could identify with one fictional character (from a book, show or movie) who would it be?
Oh man, I don’t think I’m interesting enough to compare with a character. Perhaps Hermoine Granger? I can be a bit of a goody two-shoes and the studious type. I’d also like to think I share some of the qualities of one-half of my favourite couple, Elizabeth Bennet.
3. If you could have dinner with any famous personality (past/present) who would it be?
There’s plenty of celebrities I admire and appreciate, perhaps someone who I think could make for great conversation during dinner would be Tom Holland. If you were hoping for a more inspirational person, sorry but I’d rather meet my crushes!
4. In your opinion what is your best feature?
The colour of my eyes. Whilst they are by no means unique they are a combination of light brown and flecks of green that is rare for someone of my Chinese heritage.
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
Spending hours repetitively watching every clip and interview of actors in a particular show/film I am infatuated with.
6. What is your all-time favourite movie?
Two films that I’ve really enjoyed are Parasite and Kubo and the Two Strings.
7. Who is your celebrity crush?
Have to be honest, this changes so frequently I can hardly keep track but at this very moment it will have to be Vin Zhang, a Chinese actor I genuinely discovered a few days ago. But I won’t ever forget my long-time favourites Tom Hiddleston, Tom Holland, Henry Cavill…. the list goes on.
8. What is the first thing you are planning on doing once the pandemic ends?
See my friends and go out for a meal!
9. What is your favourite colour?
Green, will always be green. Such a beautiful and refreshing colour.
10. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
Oh boy, I’ve wanted to be so many things. From lawyer to journalist to dancer I’ve wanted to be many things. But a childhood dream I haven’t quite forgotten is to be an actress.
11. Tea or coffee?
Neither! Good old H2O for me. But if I had to pick, tea.
11 Facts About Me
- I am almost fluent in Chinese, my parents made sure I grew up bilingual, in fact although I was born in Australia I can’t guarantee that my first words were in English. I can converse very easily in Mandarin, and whilst my writing skills are relatively poor I’m not terrible at reading due to all the subtitles on the Chinese dramas I watch.
- I started dancing when I was 5, stopped to focus on my studies at 17 and have never picked it up since. This is something I somewhat regret, but am not motivated enough to pursue again. I am trained in ballet, tap, jazz, ballroom and latin.
- In year 11 I submitted a short piece to a writing competition in response to a prompt asking about the teenage experience in Australia. I was chosen to be part of an anthology and thus have something published with the Cambridge University Press.
- I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue.
- I can’t pronounce the letter “L” properly. I’ve put it down to having a rather long tongue (why I can do number 3), but any syllables beginning with this letter is difficult for me. Where most people would place the tip of their tongue on the roof of their mouth and flick it down to produce the sound, I can’t seem to do it and instead mimic it in a different way. I usually can get away with no one noticing, but if you make me say “Lalala,” repetitively you will notice the difference.
- I loved jigsaw puzzles as a child and have recently picked up this hobby again during lockdown, however starting a 5,000-pieced puzzle has proven to be quite difficult.
- I talk to myself sometimes, call me crazy (or maybe because I’m an only child) but it’s something I’ll do when I’m on my own.
- I have the ability to tense and contract certain muscle groups, for example I can twitch my calves at will and can do it to the rhythm of a piece of music.
- I don’t hold grudges in the sense that I will retaliate, but I never forget someone who has wronged/insulted me.
- I may look prim and proper but I can be very crass and have a dark, irreverent sense of humour.
- I am still afraid of the dark, especially after watching something scary.
My Nominees (Please check them out!)
- Ms Liz
- Paul Sunstone
- Maria Mocha
- Xena and Lucy
- Anyone who reads this and wants to have a go!
P.S No pressure to anyone who doesn’t feel like doing this
My 11 Questions:
- What piece of writing are you the most proud of?
- How long does it take for a post to go from an idea to fruition?
- What has been your most enjoyable new hobby during this lockdown?
- If you could go somewhere for a week, all expenses paid and you could do whatever you wanted, where would you go?
- What’s one thing you wish you were better at?
- What language would you like to learn and perfect if given the opportunity?
- What’s an irrational fear you have?
- What’s something you might be embarrassed or self-conscious about, but you know you shouldn’t be?
- What food are you craving the most right now?
- What’s your best party trick?
- What brings you the most joy in life?
Anyways, thank you for indulging me and reading this post, I hope you are. having a lovely day. Stay safe xx.